Taxes and Incentives
A Better Business Climate
Rutherford County offers a low overall tax burden as well as an impressive array of local and state incentives that can assist companies with relocation or expansion efforts.
Reasons to select Tennessee’s business-friendly environment:
- No personal income tax on wages and salaries.
- A right-to-work state.
- A long history of fiscal responsibility that crosses party lines.
- Lowest state debt per capita in the country, per The Tax Foundation.
- Second lowest in the U.S. for state and local tax taxes paid per capita, per The Tax Foundation.
- Triple A rated by all major rating services.
In Tennessee, we work to foster economic growth with flexible incentives and grants geared to gain business investment.