Work Ethic Distinction
A Career Readiness Credential for High School Seniors
Recognized across the state of Tennessee, the Work Ethic Distinction benefits both students and employers by verifying students have participated in work readiness education while in high school. Students who earn the distinction are guaranteed job interviews from partnering employers across the entire state of Tennessee as long as they meet all other job qualifications.
Why Earn a Work Ethic Distinction?
- Students who obtain this distinction are proving to employers across the state that they are both college and career ready.
- Students can interview with participating employers across the state after earning this credential and meeting job required qualifications.
- Students who earn the Work Ethic Distinction receive a diploma seal and an opportunity to wear green cords during their graduation ceremony.
To receive the credential, students must create an account at workethicdiploma.com. This database is the state-wide system for tracking work ethic distinction and diploma credentials. Employers use this system to verify the credential and fill open positions across the entire state.
Want a peek at the standards before setting up your account or have questions about setting up your account? View the standards and instructions below.
Benefits to Employers:
- The Work Ethic Distinction addresses employer need for employees who possess technical and soft skills through education.
- The Work Ethic Distinction provides a solution to verifying that employees possess soft skills by providing documentation of completion.
- Employers expand their talent pool by guaranteeing an interview to students who earn the distinction and meet job-specific requirements for an open position.
Get Involved as an Employer!
Support Rutherford County Schools students earning this credential by registering to interview students who receive this distinction and who meet the job-specific requirements for an open position.
To join, simply please fill out the short form below. Your name will appear within the Work Ethic Diploma website and you will also have access to the database to verify student achievement.